This halloumi burger will make your taste buds water! It’s a vegetarian dream and so easy to make. What’s more, even committed meat eaters will be tempted by this recipe. Who could resist the Ultimate Halloumi Burger with its roasted red peppers, crispy sweet potato slices and delicious mashed avocado?
The Ultimate Halloumi Burger
Go meat-free with the ultimate halloumi burger. It’s healthy, tasty and filling. This dish is perfect for a vegetarian, someone trying to eat less meat or even meat lovers who want to try something a little different. This is a favourite recipe of mine and so simple to make. It makes 4 servings.
- 250 g Halloumi (Sliced)
- 12 Sweet Potatoes (peeled and thinly sliced)
- 1 Red Chilli (deseeded and chopped)
- 6 Mint Leaves (chopped)
- 1 Lemon
- Olive Oil
- 1 Large Avocado (ripe and chopped)
- 2 tbsp Mayonnaise
- 1 Handful of Fresh Coriander
- 1 Lime
- 4 Burger Buns
- 2 Red Peppers
- Rocket or Basil for Presentation
- Put the sliced Halloumi and sweet potato in a mixing bowl with the chilli and mint. Add the zest of a lemon and lemon juice together with a glug of oil. Leave for 30 minutes to marinate.
- Cut the red peppers into thick slices and roast in the oven with a drizzle of olive oil (180ºC) until coloured and tender.
- Mash the avocado with the mayonnaise, coriander and juice from a lime, together with some salt and black pepper.
- Heat a barbecue or griddle pan, then cook the sweet potato for 5 minutes on each side or until charred and tender. Cook the halloumi for 1 minute on each side or until charred.
- Spread the mashed avocado onto the toasted bun bases, then top with halloumi, sweet potato and roasted red peppers. Scatter over the rocket or basil. Serve with the bun tops on or off and a side salad.
My daughter, Emily, gave me this recipe and I’m so glad she did. It’s become a firm family favourite. For more vegetarian recipes click here. If you like this recipe please share. Thank you.