Read on for an easy recipe to make guacamole. Not only is it easy to make, it tastes simply delicious. Once you’ve used this easy guacamole recipe you won’t want a shop bought one ever again.
This recipe serves 4 and takes only fifteen minutes to make.
- 1 Large Tomato
- 3 Medium Avocados
- 1 Lime
- A Handful Coriander Leaves (chopped)
- 1 Small Red Onion (finely diced)
- 1 Red Chilli (with seeds removed and finely chopped)
- Tortilla Chips (If used as a dip)
- Dip the tomato into boiling water for 10 seconds – remove from the water and peel off the skin. Use a chopping knife to severely chop the tomato until you are left with mainly tomato juice.
- Cut the avocados in half; remove the skin and then place the fruit into a bowl with the tomato.
- Add the squeezed juice of the lime, the chopped coriander leaves and the finely diced red onion.
- Finally add the chopped chilli.
- Using a whisk or food processor, mash all the ingredients together. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
5 Ways To Serve Guacamole
My daughter, Emily, suggested this use of guacamole. She often has this snack at university because it’s quick and easy to make, extremely nutritious, and so tasty.
In a Sandwich
Instead of using mayonnaise, why not use guacamole in a sandwich? It compliments prawns in a sandwich exquisitely. Alternatively, it goes with chicken, turkey, egg, salad – there are so many sandwich fillings where guacamole can be added.
As a Salad Dressing
Replace you usual salad dressing with a serving of guacamole.
A simple and healthy way to enjoy your guacamole!
In a Burger
This Ultimate Halloumi Burger has guacamole spread on the base of its toasted base. simply delicious!
There are numerous ways to use guacamole. Here are twenty one examples suggested by Rachel Sanders on Buzz Feed.
Nutritional Value of Guacamole
The main ingredient of guacamole is avocado. Therefore guacamole contains the nutrients of the avocado, including –
- Vitamins B, E & K
- Saturated Fat
- Monounstaurated Fat
- Dietary Fibre
For a full account of the nutrients contained in an avocado click here.
Did you know that America has a National Avocado Day? I didn’t, but for your information this year it will be on 16th September.
If you have fifteen minutes to spare, may I suggest you try this recipe. You won’t be disappointed. Let me know what you think.